Dermarolling: Boosting Collagen with Tiny Needles
Dermarolling, or micro-needling, is a great way to support your clean beauty routine. "Needles going in my face?!" Yes that's right, while it may seem backwards, this at home treatment has been known give you fresh, glowy skin.
- By gliding these tiny needles across your face you are puncturing the skin just enough to boost collagen and blood flow by sending your skin into repair mode. Goodbye scarring!
- While your skin may look a little red immediately after, it produces this tingle that feels so good and you will have a healthy glow before you know it.
- Another plus is that it helps your skin absorb more of your serum. IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure you are using a serum with safe, clean ingredients. Hyaluronic acid is a plus since it will help your skin lock in moisture; thus, preventing signs of aging.
- When using a derma roller at home do not get larger than than .5MM needles. I also suggest you start with .25MM and then upgrade to .5MM in a few months. I bought the Sdara Dermaroller with .25MM needles and have loved it!
How to Use a Dermaroller at Home:
- Sanitize your derma roller with a safe solution. I use Essential Oxygen Hydrogen Peroxide. To learn more about why you should switch to safer click HERE.
- Cleanse face and put a light layer of your favorite serum. My go to is Countermatch Intense Moisture Serum by Beautycounter, which has two forms of hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C and E to provide antioxidant protection.
- Gently roll the dermaroller in different directions across your face. Start in the up and down motion across your whole face, then horizontal, then diagonal in each direction. This way you make sure to get every part of your face.
- This can be used by the eyes, but be very carefully. Roll in an upward motion around the bottom and around the side of your eyes.
- Start by dermarolling once a week and upgrade to twice a week if you want.
- Replace dermaroller every two months or so.