Armpit Detox 101
If you have not tried an at home armpit detox I highly suggest it. Switching to a safer deodorant cold turkey you can be tricky. You may not be seeing the results you want because you have not taken the time to properly detox your skin.
- The main reason the most common deodorants work is that they are antiperspirants. That's right, they actually stop you from sweating by clogging your pores with an aluminum compound.
- Inside your armpits are where your a lot of lymph nodes are located. Lymph nodes are a part of the lymphatic system, which is a part of your immune system. It is best not to cover this area with toxic ingredients.
- Remember we learned that our lymphatic system is in charge getting rid of toxins in our bodies when we talked about dry brushing. Dry Brushing while detoxing your pits can help increase results and keep your lymphatic system active.
- Using deodorants with phthalates, aluminum, parabens, fragrances etc. can actually disrupt your endocrine system and mess with your hormones.
- Embrace the sweat! One of the many ways our body detoxes is by sweating. It's a natural, good thing!
- Why use this clay mask? It can help with irritation and it will increase the rate in which your body detoxes from your antiperspirant's ingredients.
- My suggestion: before switching to safer deodorant use a armpit detox mask (ingredients below) for two weeks or until you see results.
Armpit Detox Clay Mask:
- 1 Tbs. of bentonite clay (extremely purifying for skin)
- 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar (you can use this for so many things...just get some)
- 1-2 tsp. of water (or enough to make it a sour cream like consistency)
How to use:
- Combine all ingredients in a glass or plastic bowl using a wood or plastic spoon and bowl. DO NOT USE A METAL SPOON OR BOWL. HERE is a great plastic kit with a brush for easy application like the one pictured above. Or you can use a glass bowl and wooden spoon and apply to pits with your spoon.
- Stir until it reaches consistency and then apply to armpits and leave on for 10-20 minutes. If it burns at all wash off with warm water.
- Remove with warm water. Do this everyday until you see results. (About two weeks.)