Beautycounter Makeup Remover: Giving You More Than Just a Clean Face
This is a an extremely important topic for me because makeup remover was one of the first things that ever set off my sensitive skin. My eyes would get red, dry and would burn after using one of the most common makeup remover wipes and I never really found a good replacement. Also, since switching to safer I have yet to find easy wipes for on the go and ultra lazy nights...until now! Enter Beautycounter Instant Makeup Remover and One-Step Instant Makeup Remover Wipes.
- Most makeup removers include synthetic fragrance, PEGs (which are often contaminated with carcinogens like 1,4 dioxane) and other toxic ingredients that can be harmful to your health and irritating to the sensitive skin around your eyes.
- When removing eye makeup it is important to me to know that there are ingredients in the remover that is also nourishing to the skin around my eyes.
- Beautycounter, a company who has banned over 1,500 ingredients that have been linked to health concerns, has two makeup removal options that are quick, easy and nourishing for your skin.
- The Instant Eye Makeup Remover seriously gets makeup off like a charm! One quick swipe and even my mascara is off. It is a dual phase formula, which means there is an oil phase to remove makeup and a water phase to soothe and calm the skin.
- The One-Step Makeup Remover Wipes use a micellar formula to remove makeup and cleanse the skin all in one step. Aloe vera hydrates and cornflower water soothes delicate skin. Cornflower is also in the Instant Eye Makeup Remover for the same purpose.
- What is micellar formula? Many brands are using this method most normally seen in micellar water. I never really understood what that meant, but I knew it was a buzzword people got excited about. Micelles are groupings of surfactant molecules that are suspended in a solution. When put on the skin or on a cotton ball the middle of the micelles split open and the oil cleanses the skin of impurities and attracts them away from the skin. It is a great way to cleanse without messing with the ph balance of your face because they are easily wiped away and don't need to be rinsed.
- I am so happy to finally have two makeup remover options that are gentle, nourishing and can be used on the go. My skin loves them!