Beautycounter Mascara: Safe and Effective
Safer mascara is a tricky topic because, as women, this is the one makeup item that needs to work! It can take us from tired eyes to awake eyes in just a few swipes. I have found a completely safe formula that actually performs! Beautycounter's Volumizing Mascara has blown me away in the performance category. (Even my husband was shocked!) It immediately lifts and gives lashes that dramatic look that is perfect for night. Beautycounter also has a Lengthening Mascara that gives lashes natural length and a perfect daytime look. This formula truly brightens and opens up the eyes.
- Many mascaras include ingredients like parabens (preservatives that are endocrine disruptors) and PEG compounds (thickeners and moisture carriers that can be contaminated with carcinogens line 1,4 dioxane).
- If eye sensitivity is an issue for you try switching out your mascara for a safer alternative. Not only are our eyes so sensitive, but the skin around the eye is extremely thin and fragile.
- The Lengthening formula uses plant derived conditioners to lengthen and condition the lashes, while the Volumizing formula uses natural fibers rather than synthetic ones that can be irritating to the eye.
- The bottom line is...your eyes are important and it is not worth using toxic ingredients to irritate them.
Left eye: Volumizing Mascara with hourglass wand. Right Eye: Lengthening Mascara with precision brush. To get the rest of my look in the front picture and both pictures above shop the 5-Minute Face for a quick, easy and natural look. The 5 Minute Face includes:
- Tint Skin Liquid Foundation - I am wearing Linen
- Concealer Pen - I use Light
- Brow Pencil - I use Dark
- Blush Duo - I use (and love) Tawny/Whisper
- Volumizing or Lengthening Mascara - I'm currently fan girling over Volumizing
- Lip Goss - I am wearing Bare Shimmer above