Say No to Plastic: Store Your Food in Glass
Even though BPA (Bisphenol A: a known endocrine disrupter that mimics estrogen) may not exist in most plastic containers anymore, studies have shown that there are still traces of harmful ingredients in plastics. The reality is, there may not be BPA, but what are the BPA alternatives that they replaced it with and what are its impacts on our health? I say, keep it safe and stay away from storing any food in plastic. When plastic containers are in extreme heat or are even run through the dishwasher harmful toxins can leach into your food.
- Say No to Plastic by replacing any food storage with glass or stainless.
- If you have plastic hand wash it in room temp water rather than running through the dishwasher.
- Never microwave plastic....ever!
- Go to your nearest discount store like Ross, Marshalls, Home Goods, TJ Maxx, etc and pick up some glass containers. I have gotten all of mine at a great savings at stores like this.
- Not only is it worth it for your health, but glass will keep your food fresher and retain flavor longer, protect our planet from unneccasry waste and the containers will last a lot longer than plastic will.