Dry Brushing: Self Care With Serious Benefits
I have to be honest, I purchased a dry brush months and months ago and never got around to adding it to my routine. But, once I finally did, I haven't looked back. One of my most favorite benefits has been the extra 3 minutes before (or after) taking a shower to slow down, breathe deeply and add in some extra self care. Life seems to get busier and busier and it is hard to remember to add in more slow moments throughout the day. This is an easy one you will love. Why dry brush? It is good for the lymphatic system, deeply exfoliates the skin and it is energizing.
- The lymphatic system is the network of tissues and organs that rid the body of toxins and waste. When this system is congested in can lead to a build up of these unwanted things in the body leading to inflammation and stress.
- It easily rids the body of dead skin cells leaving your skin brighter and softer.
- Dry brushing has an energetic effect that makes it a great way to start out the day or night if you still have a few tasks to tackle.
- While there is no scientific evidence of this, some say it helps with the appearance of cellulite.
- I like having the option of a long handle on my dry brush for those hard to reach places.
How To (view video above):
- Start at your feet and brush upwards, always towards your heart, in small strokes.
- Give some extra love where you may have unwanted cellulite.
- Start at the ends of your fingers and brush in small strokes up both arms.
- On your stomach and chest brush in a counter clockwise motion.
- If you use a body oil while dry brushing do it after the shower for a soft glowy feel.
- If you dry brush with the brush alone, do it before you shower so you can rinse off any dead skin. Be sure to apply your favorite body oil after you get out of the shower to hydrate your skin. Pro Tip: rub body oil all over before drying off, put on your robe and let it soak in while your feet are up.
- This Beautycounter Citrus Mimosa Body Oil is so luxurious and super safe for you! Make sure you find one that is safer and does not use "fragrance" as an ingredient. It is worth it to nourish your body with good essential oil ingredients. Read more on "fragrance" here.