Suntegrity Self Tanner: Get Bronzed without the Sun
I have to admit that I have never been one to self-tan but man am I on the bandwagon now! It always looked way harder than it was and I was used to seeing streaks or having to deal with a smell that was less than satisfying. Enter Suntegrity Self Tanner! This formula is super easy to apply (even for a first timer like me) and does not have the typical strong tanning bed like smell. Amazon it HERE.
- Common self tanners include many harmful ingredients including parabens, fragrance, formaldehyde, BHT (endocrine disruptor) and others.
- One note on formaldehyde. Formaldehyde almost never shows up on an ingredient list as "formaldehyde." Look for it in the form of: quaternium-15, DMDM hydantoin, imidazolidinyl urea, diazolidinyl urea, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3 diol (Bronopol) and several other preservatives are listed. (From Beautycounter's Never List.)
- Suntegrity is an awesome company that prides themselves on performance and high quality sun protection. The founder's mom lost her life to skin cancer and she was on a mission to provide sun protection without all the chemical blockers using that actually works.
- What I love about this Suntegrity self tanner is that it is full of antioxidants to improve skin repair, botanical extracts and vitamin E to support hydration and more youthful skin.
- How do you get that beautiful bronze? From Vegetan or DHA from sustainably sourced sugar beets.
- This formula is hydrating, non-greasy and smells really good! Unike other self tanners, I am not worried about walking around smelling like a tanning lotion bottle. Also there was zero residue on any clothing or sheets.
How to apply:
- Shower, shave and exfoliate (I love to exfoliate with this Lemongrass Sugar Body Scrub) and let your body completely dry.
- Smooth all over your body in long upward motions so that the formula spreads out.
- Let it completely dry on your skin before getting wet, sweating or putting clothes on.
- I applied at about 7pm on a Friday and saw a nice glow the next morning. I applied again about 8 hours before an event on Saturday (the next day) and go the perfect glow I wanted!
- After that I apply about once a week to get back to that double application glow!
- Tip: For areas that have curves, or are not as smooth as legs and arms, use less product so it doesn't clump and it can evenly spread out.
- I purposefully left a clear line high up on my wrist to try to capture the tan (see picture).