Imperfect Produce: Because Every Veggie Counts
Have you ever thought about what happens to all that ugly/weird looking produce that are not fit for grocery stores? You guessed it...it becomes waste. Imperfect Produce is here to change that. The truth is that just because they may be oddly shaped, these fruits and veggies are just as nutritious as those that make it into markets and grocery stores. Imperfect Produce proves they #doitbetter by having a large impact on lowering food waste and providing fresh, local fruits and veggies straight to your door. Do yourself a favor and read the cute story on the box...I think it needs to be made into a Pixar short.
- More than 20% of produce is not perfect enough for grocery stores' standards.
- This leads to billions of pounds of waste.
- Imperfect Produce sources "ugly" produce from local farms and delivers it directly to you for 30-50% less than your average grocery store price.
- My favorite part: you can customize your box the week of delivery! This means that you aren't just getting tons of potatoes or another veggie you don't that often.
- They have given me a 10% discount code to share with you all. Enter LAUREN at checkout for even more savings! Right now they are in Los Angeles, Bay Area and Portland. They are expanding rapidly keep your eyes out for them to come to your city!