Wellnicity: At Home Testing and Personalized Supplements
I can honestly say that working with Wellnicity has changed what I know about my body. I am a firm believer in testing and love that because of great companies like Wellnicity it is affordable and easy. View the video below to see how it works.
You can take THIS QUIZ on their website to find out which at home test will be right for you. I took "My Thyroid" and "My Gut" at home tests. I chose these because of having extremely cold hands a feet (a common symptom of thyroid imbalance) and digestion issues after eating certain foods.
How does it work?
- After taking the quiz and deciding on which at home test is best for you Wellnicity will mail you your test kit.
- Once you receive your kit, use the code on the box to register your kits online. This way all of your information and tracking will be in one easy to access place.
- Read the directions carefully because some have instructions on foods to eat or not eat a couple of days in advance.
- Follow the instructions exactly as they are on the card for getting your samples. I included various samples like blood, saliva and yes poop. But how else are they going to test what's going on in my gut? (It really is not that gross. They give you everything you need to do in a clean manner.)
- Seal everything up and ship it back to their labs with the pre-paid label that is provided.
- Within a week or so you will results for all of your tests, personal lifestyle recs from your clinician and supplement recommendations.
My thyroid levels came back in the normal range but everything was on the lower end. I talked to my personal clinician Jessica, and said this is probably just a little bit of fatigue due to My Gut test results. I also explained to her that my cold hands and feet may run in the family since my brother had this too. So she sent me a list of foods high in nitric oxide to help my blood flow: arugula, beets, chard, bok hoy, carrots, spinach eggplant etc.
My Gut test had way more interesting results. I showed low levels of sIgA in my stool. SIgA is an immunoglobulin or any type of protein in the cells and serum of the immune system that acts as antibodies. These low levels show that my immune system is stressed.
My next level that was out of whack was the sIgA response to gluten. Gluten, or gliadins, are proteins found in wheat, rye, barley and grains. I mean who isn't aware of a little gluten intolerance these days? The truth is that bread is not as pure as it used to be and that is why so many people are sensitive to it. While my numbers aren't all the way in the positive range, it is a sign that I have a slight sensitivity to gluten. Since these two results are directly tied to each other she suggested that the best way to let my guy heal was to give up gluten for a period of time to allow for healing and rebuilding of the gut. Immediately upon going gluten free I saw a huge difference in how comfortable I was. I don't think I realized how bloated and gassy I am when I am eating too much gluten. I also saw a difference in my stool. It is so much healthier when I am not eating as much gluten.
Tips and My Experience:
- After eating gluten you should observe symptoms from one hour up to three days.
- I gave gluten up for a month and now only have it when it is high quality. I see the most negative effects when it is a cheap gluten (especially when mixed with a lot of dairy.) Yep that means pizza.
- Having access to my own personal clinician any time has been a life saver!! Jessica has been so nice and walked me through everything from every day lifestyle recommendation and Wellnicity supplements to add in.
- I added three supplements to my regimen and they came in these personalized daily packs. Orhtobiotic (probiotic), Saccharomyces Boulardii (enzyme to improve sIgA levels) and Vital-Zymesj Complete (digestive enzyme).
- I have loved all three and can definitely tell when I choose to treat myself that it is not wreaking so much havoc on my body.
- Overall I learned a lot about myself and my body. Now knowing that overloading with gluten is not he smartest choice I take extra time to evaluate if that treat or something with gluten is worth it. Usually it's not and I am a much happier person for skipping it.
- I started this journey while also starting the Sexy Sugar Cleanse with Jess Suchan and they were perfect alongside each other. Because basically all inflammatory foods were cut out I felt my gut jumping with joy inside.
- Wellnicity has a lot to offer from at home tests like My Brain, Food Sensitivities, My Metabolism and so many more. They also offer Solution Packs like Hangover, PMS, Cold and Travel or if you know the supplement you need you can purchase those a la carte!
- Make sure you go to Wellnicity and use code LAUREN for 20% off any of their products!