Rahua Dry Shampoo: Because Dirty Hair Doesn't Need Dirty Ingredients
We all know how valuable a dry shampoo is for those days we skip washing our hair. I wash my hair about three times a week and have been on the hunt for a safe, high performing dry shampoo. Rahua Voluminous Dry Shampoo soaks up oil and provides a nice lift for hair.
- The most common dry shampoos come in aerosol form, which makes it easy to apply, but are full of toxic offenders.
- Upon researching the most common brands I found some pretty scary ingredients: PEG compounds (Polyehtylene Glycol: are often contaminated with carcinogens like 1,4 dioxane), Fragrance, Talc and many other ingredients that rank a 7 or higher according to EWG's Skin Deep Database.
- Our scalp has many capillaries underneath it that made it easy for toxic ingredients to get into our bodies quickly. Many sources say that our scalp absorbs four times more than our arms.
- Rahua's Dry Shampoo contains only five safe ingredients that will bring your hair back to life after a few days of not washing. In the picture above, my hair is on day three of not washing. I was really impressed with the results and love how easy it was to apply. It comes in an aerosol free dispenser that poofs the product out like a beautiful cloud you can blend on your roots.
- Not sure what some of those long words are in your dry shampoo? Google the ingredients followed by "EWG" and you will get that specific ingredient rating. Or you can look up your exact ingredient using the Healthy Living App by the EWG.