Conscious Coconut: On the Go Coconut Oil that Gives Back
My love for coconut oil is very new. While many people have kept this multi-use giant in their pantry and bathrooms for years I honestly never, ever used it until starting my switch to safer journey. It all started in the kitchen and I started using it to shave my legs and IT IS A GAME CHANGER!! Conscious Coconut makes the perfect travel size tube that you can take with you anywhere.
- Why is coconut so healthy for you? It is made up of medium chain triglycerides (think MCT oil) which metabolize more quickly in the body compared to long chain triglycerides like animal fat.
- This means it enhances fat burning potential, maintains blood sugar levels and increases energy.
- The reason it is so great for cooking is that it has an extremely high smoke- point that won't break down into harmful compounds like vegetable oil does.
- Coconut oil is also antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory which makes it a dream for topical use as well.
- Use it to cook using high heat temperatures.
- Bake with it to replace oil or butter.
- Makeup remover
- Sunburn relief
- Shaving Cream
- Dry skin patches
If I'm being completely honest, I just started using coconut oil out of the kitchen this year as as shaving cream and man is my life changed!!! Not only does it replace common shaving creams which contain parabens, synthetic fragrance and other toxic ingredients, but it has made my legs so smooth and moisturized. I swear it also helps me get a closer shave too! I am in love with this travel tube from Conscious Coconut.
- It is USDA Organic and sourced from fair trade farms in Thailand and the Philippines.
- Their coconut oil is cold pressed without using heat or pressure so that it remains its strong anti-fungal and antioxidant effects.
- And of course it is never mixed with harsh chemicals.
- For every tube purchased a child is given a meal through Feeding America Food Banks.
- It comes in a beautiful travel-sized tube so you can throw it in your bag at any time!
- Prime it HERE.