Ditch the Aluminum Foil for Unbleached Parchment Paper
The switch from aluminum foil to parchment paper took me a while to do. I am not sure why. Maybe because it was unfamiliar and I was worried that food wouldn't cook that well. Let me tell you that I was wrong in so many ways! I have been using If You Care unbleached parchment paper and have found many pros to switching. Who wants aluminum to leak in their food anyways? Let me just go ahead and say that you will never see little specks of parchment paper in your food like you do aluminum foil. Praise!
- Food does not stick to parchment paper like it does aluminum foil.
- When you cook food in aluminum foil it leaches into your food. When spicy or acidic food is added to aluminum foil leaching levels go up. (So everything in this recipe above.)
- Even storing food in the fridge wrapped in foil can cause it to leak into your food. Stick with glass or stainless storage options.
- We are already exposed to heavy metals through the food we eat and the pollutants in the air we breathe. Why add more to our bodies?
- Salmon Recipe: Season salmon with salt, pepper, rosemary and a little squeeze of lemon. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 400.